You’ve spent a lot of time preparing to be on stage, and in the spotlight. Your presentation is on point, and your makeup should be too. The high definition (HD) camera lens is unforgiving and makes it hard to hide anything.
Having a professional do your makeup is like insurance for your investment. You’ve worked hard to earn a spot on stage, or have paid to produce a video. Don’t throw it all away by not looking — or feeling — your best.
Here are some benefits of bringing in an expert:
- We’ll use makeup specifically formulated to perform well for the HD lens. Why? Because the formulation handles light reflection and makes for a softer more flattering appearance as if you have been airbrushed vs. traditional makeup that can make you look like a shining star (and not the celebrity kind!)
- Contouring and highlighting techniques are used to balance your face structure.
- Blending of your colors to ensure your makeup application looks natural.
- Playing up your best feature – We only want to highlight one to make sure your stage or photo presence is as powerful as possible.
As you prepare to bring your best “you” out into the world, be open to suggestions from those who have gone before. Bring a picture or two of what you like when meeting with a photographer, stylist or makeup artist. Let the experts help you make decisions, but know we won’t go too far outside of your comfort zone. (Always follow your gut instinct).
Whether you opt for DIY or not, here are a few tips to prep your skin for the day (you should do these all the time!)
- Exfoliate your skin to remove any dry skin that could hinder a smooth makeup application.
- Moisturize your skin both morning and night (and don’t forget to use SPF in the morning.)
- Hydrate by drinking extra water the night before a big event. This is especially good for puffiness in the eye area.
In addition to professional makeup, I also do customized skin care. Come in or call me and let’s talk!